GenBank errors

Thu Oct 24 13:35:02 EST 1991

>         Do NSF program officers read bionet.general/BIONEWS?  If not what do
> they read?

It's the reviewers themselves that I would be more concerned about.  I
fondly recall that no BIONET users could be on the BIONET review
committee because it would have been a "conflict of interest."  In my
discussion with the program officer at NSF it did not sound to me like
they went to such extremes fortunately.  I wouldn't expect people who
do *not* use e-mail and newsgroups to be as kindly disposed, of course.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net