Imaging

DARESBURY SEQMAIL SEQ at DLGM.DL.AC.UK
Fri Oct 18 17:28:00 EST 1991

---- Start of forwarded message.

Via:     UK.AC.UKNET;  Fri, 18 Oct 91 17:31 WET (V40 at UK.AC.DARESBURY.DLGM)
Received:from svax05.pcr.co.uk by eros.uknet.ac.uk via PSS with NIFTP (PP)
         id <9493-0 at eros.uknet.ac.uk>; Fri, 18 Oct 1991 14:31:41 +0100
Date:    Fri, 18 Oct 91 22:28 GMT
From:    PARSONS_A at uk.co.pcr.snd01
To:      BIOSCI at uk.ac.daresbury
Subject: Imaging

Hi NetFolk,

Has anyone who has had any truck with imaging come across the Skilling and Gull
algorithm for image anhancement.  Apparently it is not much known outside the
field of radio astronomy and mathematics (applicationms include cleaning up
Hubble Space Telescope images - boy it must be good! and procuction of sharp
images from time-lapse videos of bank raids etc.)

This may well have uses in the field of medical imaging, electron microscopy,
NMR and CAT imaging.

I was wondering if anyone had implemented this algorithm for digital imaging
as a user-defined convolution matrix or is it not suited to this kind of
digital filtering enhancement?

Many Thanks

Tony P.
 | Dr.Tony Parsons,			VOX   : + 44 304 616871	              |
 | IT Department,			FAX   : + 44 304 616670               |
 | Pfizer Central Research,				 		      |
 | Sandwich,       |JANET      : parsons_a at uk.co.pcr.snd01                    |
 | KENT	           |elsewhere  : parsons_a at snd01.pcr.co.uk	       	      |
 | CT13 9NJ        | _or_      : parsons_a%uk.co.pcr.snd01 at uknet.ac.uk        |
 | UK	           | `Inspiration...Aspiration...Perspiration...Recussitation'|