GenBank Errors

Paul Gilna pgil at HISTONE.LANL.GOV
Wed Oct 16 16:00:23 EST 1991

Dear Tom,

I have read your note with interest. Since it would seem that you have
given up on GenBank, I will not ask my staff to devote time to
answering your message, but rather treat this as an unfortunately
worded rhetorical question on your part. We will nonetheless look into
your observations with respect to the specific errors you reported.

We commend, and will of course honour your exhortation to your
colleagues on the net to report errors to us; as always, we are happy
to admit we are not perfect and welcome such reports at:
update at genome.lanl.gov.

My regards,

--paul

Paul Gilna