ACCESSION,LOCUS,ENTRY: Genbank errors - Addendum

Foteos Macrides MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET
Fri Oct 25 14:11:00 EST 1991

        I earlier suggested placing higher priority on ports of AUTHORIN or
its sequel to Unix and VMS.

        Better yet, what about an on-line (TELNET) service to help maximize
submissions with the latest version of such software?

        If that approach were taken, we'd also need a "small grants" program
to help financially strapped institutions get on the Internet.  It presently
costs ten times more than BITNET in the first year, and five times more
thereafter, but this could save a lot of money in the long run.  So I repeat
an earlier question in this context.  What news groups do NSF program officers
read?
                                Fote