Locust nervous system. Help.

Danny Banks D.Banks at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 12:06:36 EST 1991

Is there anyone out there, in the UK, who's doing work on Locust
neurophysiology / anatomy, and wouldn't mind me having a look around
their lab'; to see how it's done?

What I'm primarily interested in is microscopy techniques (how to do them
and results), on the locust nervous system; eg/ size of nerve fibres,
tracing nerve fibres, etc.

Secondly, I'm interested in stimulation and recording from the locust
nervous system (again, pretty basic stuff). Essentially technique.

This is, more or less, background material to my research, and the general
feeling is that I can learn more from watching demonstrations (which
we can't do here, it seems) than from reading. This is a feeling that
I totally agree with.

I'll probably be making some more formal approaches to people in the field
later on (if this comes to nothing), but I don't want to cause too much
hasstle (sp?), so I thought I'd try 'the net' first.

Hope no one minds me cross posting to a few groups.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

Danny.

PS/ Hope this post works, I've been having some problems with the news
software recently.

Danny Banks.						eep1db at ee.surrey.ac.uk