Mainstream Academic Acceptance of USENET

Henry Ford ccshf at gdr.bath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 04:47:35 EST 1991

As a part time population biologist, I am generally disappointed with
the bionet traffic, but it is variable, and bound to increase in
volume and possibly in scientific quality as well. Journals are still
my most used means of keeping up with science, but I use email as
well, and I can see a time when automatic screening orf email/
usenet traffic into topic files could replace journals. After all,
Bath University library can afford almost no ecological or evolutionary
journals, and if I want to see Vegetatio, I have to go to London.
Henry Ford
Bath University