<None>

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Fri Sep 6 19:10:06 EST 1991

> I had lots of trouble, connecting to genbank.bio.net these days.
> meanwhile our SYS-Operator figured out, the trouble is caused by
> a nameserver somewhere in US, which is reverting the 'phone'number
> of genbank.

Please have your sysop send mail to lear at genbank.bio.net with whatever
info that he can provide.  I'll also have it checked out from this end
and see if we can find out what site is causing the problem.

> solution to this problem is to use the ##'s rather than the name,
> i.e.
> 134.172.1.160
> rather than
> genbank.bio.net
> (at least if youre connecting to genbank.bio.net from germany.)

People reach us from all over (including our EMBL collaborators in
Germany, so I have no idea how prevalent this problem is or where the
precise flaw occurs.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager