Request For Information

Frank Leake frankl at cs.hw.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 04:09:37 EST 1991

I'm a bit out of my depth here (i'm a comp sci) but for my dissertation
i'm looking for information about non-indigeneous(sp?) organisms being
introduced into an environment where they experience explosive growth.
For instance the american grey-squirrel in England now by far outnumbers
the natural red one. Preferably examples where the new organism spreads
in just a few generations.

It doesn't need to be much, just a some pointers/examples that I can
quote.

Sorry if the terminology is wrong but you get the idea.

E-mail unless you think the topic is of more general interest.

Thanks in advance.

    Frank