Do you want to ftp the EMBL database from the US?

Mike Cherry cherry at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 27 16:43:00 EST 1992

I'm exploring the possibility of providing the EMBL flat files to the
network via anonymous ftp as an alternative to retrieving these files from
EMBnet Switzerland. If an anonymous ftp site was available from Boston
would you be interested? Please drop me a message if you would like to see
such a service. I am also looking into the possibility of providing the
EMBL update files, in EMBL format, on this ftp server. Would you be
interested in weekly updates of EMBL sequences via ftp? I know you can get
the EMBL updates from genbank.bio.net.

If I provide this server I will only make EMBL flat files in compress form
available.

Mike Cherry
cherry at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu