Bionet FAQ sheet (was Re: Bionet hierarchy)y

Roy Smith roy at
Mon Apr 27 10:44:54 EST 1992

ajt at (Tony Travis) writes:
> Many (many) people would like to get a newsfeed, but for most of us it is
> not a practical proposition.  One of the reasons, especially in the UK, is
> that Internet access is the exception rather than the normal situation.

	I guess my point got lost.  Being on the Internet is in no way a
prerequisite to getting news.  The Internet is simply one (very common)
transport mechanism used to ship news around.  News can (and does) travel
over regular dial-up lines, X.25 links, and just about anything else that
can move bits from here to there.
roy at (Roy Smith)
Public Health Research Institute
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
"This never happened to Bart Simpson."