Bionet FAQ sheet (was Re: Bionet hierarchy)y

Roy Smith roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 27 10:44:54 EST 1992

ajt at doc.ic.ac.uk (Tony Travis) writes:
> Many (many) people would like to get a newsfeed, but for most of us it is
> not a practical proposition.  One of the reasons, especially in the UK, is
> that Internet access is the exception rather than the normal situation.

	I guess my point got lost.  Being on the Internet is in no way a
prerequisite to getting news.  The Internet is simply one (very common)
transport mechanism used to ship news around.  News can (and does) travel
over regular dial-up lines, X.25 links, and just about anything else that
can move bits from here to there.
--
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith)
Public Health Research Institute