Mapping of visual info to somatosensory info...

Murali Chari mchari at yoko.rutgers.edu
Sun Apr 26 00:52:14 EST 1992

Hi there,

	I wanted to know whether the mapping of visual information to
somatosensory information has been done or not - if it has been done,
then to what extent has it been done. As far as I know, mapping of
visual info to the back ( using some kind of transduction ) has been
carried out. Has color mapping, depth mapping etc. been done ????
Also , what kind of receptors in the human body (mechano v/s thermo)
would be better suited for such an application ????

	Since I am posting from my friend's account - please send
email to the following account only. Thanking you for your anticipated
response.

	My email address is :  rroy at neuron.umdnj.edu