generating a mycobacterium bibliographic database

Roy Smith roy at
Fri Apr 24 10:32:59 EST 1992

	I have no idea where the right place to ask this is; if somebody
can think of a better place than bionet.general, please let me know.

	Our librarian has been requested to put together (and maintain) a
database on mycobacterium literature.  Basically, this would be a subset of
Medline which we would generate by searching our Silver Platter CD-ROM
database.  Then, we would import this data into some sort of (as yet
undertermined) database system.  Or at least that's one idea we had.

	Can anybody think of a good way to do this?  It needs to be easy to
maintain (so our non-computer-expert librarian can do it) and use (so our
non-computer-expert library patrons can access it).  It also needs to run
on existing hardware (Macs and/or Unix boxes).

	Does such a thing already exist?  If it does, it might make more
sense for us to simply subscribe to it instead of maintaining our own.
roy at (Roy Smith)
Public Health Research Institute
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
"This never happened to Bart Simpson."