Bionet hierarchy

Foteos Macrides MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET
Mon Apr 13 15:09:00 EST 1992

In article <CMM.0.90.2.702871306.kristoff at genbank.bio.net> Dave Kristofferson
<kristoff at genbank.bio.net> wrote:
>I used bionet.biology.used-equipment to make it clear that this was
>for biologists.  People browsing through USENET do not always put two
>and two together and realize that bionet refers to biology.  Witness
>the occasional postings of jobs on bionet.jobs which are way off in
>left field.  [...]

        I agree with with sentiment.  I wonder if it would be appropriate, now
or in the not-too-distant future, to start thinking about reorganizing the
bionet hierarchy into one that is more intuitively obvious w.r.t. its
organization (or is that too much trouble to be worth the effort)?  Here is
the present hierarchy of existing/approved newsgroups:

bionet.agroforestry
bionet.announce
bionet.biology.*  (.computational, .tropical)
bionet.genome.*
bionet.general
bionet.info-theory
bionet.jobs