Medullary thyroid carcinoma cell lines

A J Harmar ajharmar at castle.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 04:42:26 EST 1992

We are looking source of medullary thyroid carcinoma cell lines. Three
such lines are available from the ATCC (American Type Culture
Collection) and we are obtaining these. However, at least one of these,
a rat cell line called 6-23, is proving problematic to grow. We would
appreciate help from other laboratories that might be able to provide us
with cell lines and/or tips on culture conditions.

The lines would be used for studies on the regulation of neuropeptide
gene expression.

Tony Harmar
MRC Brain Metabolism Unit
Royal Edinburgh Hospital