Mechanical stress and lignification

Mike Folsom mwfolsom at hydra.unm.edu
Fri Apr 3 13:57:37 EST 1992

Well how about not using wind to create the stress.  I seem to
remember an exp. where somebody put young plants on a shaker
moving at a slow rpm to induce collenchyma formation.  If you had
these plants in a growth chamber at a relative high humidity and
others in a silimar chamber sans the shaker issues of water
relations would be lots less important.

By the way - it is nice to hear that somebody cares about structure.
My god - you even used the " A " word (anatomy)!  Will wonders
never cease.  Being trained as a structural botanists (that's
a plant anatomist in drag) I had come to wonder if people were
still interested in plant structure.

Enought bitching -

Be well -

Michael

I could take this home, Marilyn.
       This is something teenage boys might find of interest.
		--Dan Quayle, when purchasing a South African Indian Doll
		         that, when lifted, displays an erection.