Mechanical stress and lignification

Tony Travis ajt at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 13:31:12 EST 1992

nmrdb at vms.macc.wisc.edu (BEVERLY SEAVEY) writes:
: [...]
: Check out work by Janet Bramm. She had an article in cell showing that
: mechanical stimulation of Arabidopsis resulted in increased calmodulin
: production ( which I can imagine might be related to increased polysaccaride
: production and therefore cell wall stuff). The first article was in
: Cell about
: late 1989, I think

Thanks Beverly, I'll start hunting for papers by Janet Bramm.

Can you tell me what the role of calmodulin is (I've no idea ...) ?

	Tony
--
    Tony Travis <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>  | Dr. A.J.Travis