What is the RDP project?

Heikki Lehv{slaiho Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI
Fri Apr 3 07:08:15 EST 1992

I found out from the documentation to the Don Gilbert's excellent program
SeqApp that there exists a prealigned 16S rRNA sequence alignment file.

      ...the 1.5mb 16S.gb RNA sequence alignment file from the RDP
      project (anonymous ftp to anagram.anl.gov, cd pub/RDP ?)...

As the RDP project hasn't been mentioned in bionet (at least according
the BioSci WAIS source that contains articles since 1989), could
someone more knowledgeable summarize to the net what the RDP
project is and who runs it.

Also, I'd be interested to know where to get the alignment file.
Anagram.aln.gov is a nonexistent domain to all the name servers I tried.
I didn't try any of the permutations of the name. Maybe I should have.:-)

        	-Heikki

Heikki Lehv{slaiho  <Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI>

Meilahti Medical Departments, University of Helsinki
Haartmaninkatu 3, SF-00290 Helsinki, FINLAND
Phone: +358-0-434 6408         FAX: +358-0-434 6491