Searching GenBank databases for accession

Steve Kilpatrick ST402658 at BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU
Thu Apr 2 14:20:59 EST 1992

Sorry if this is a naive question, but...

Can anyone tell me how to search GenBank databases for accession numbers
(i.e. a keyword search)? Can this be done by Telnet via IRX? If so, how?

I'd appreciate any help, especially if someone could tell me how to access
a help document on the subject. BIOBITS15 mentions this, but without
details.

Thanks (oh, and thanks to everyone who helped me with MS-DOS sequence
 analysis programs - I'm looking at SeqAid and plan to check out several
 others)

Steve Kilpatrick
Graduate Program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Brown University