Contacting BIOSCI personnel

Alan Bleasby ajb at
Mon Aug 24 17:03:06 EST 1992

A (very) few people have had difficulty unsubscribing/contacting
biosci at daresbury recently. This was due to a rather interesting microscopic
bug which only surfaced once in a blue moon and only when there was an `m'
in the month.

The addresses you should contact for BIOSCI problems are given in the
info sheets; namely biosci at  and  biosci at
Please allow time for the human list manager to reply ... there is
substantial traffic to these addresses and gateway failures can
occasionally cause delays.

If you receive no response (i.e. no personal mail or no evidence of
subscription/unsubscription) then try again.

If you still receive no response then send a message to Dave Kristofferson
or I and we'll be glad to help. Please DO NOT do this until you're satisfied
there is a problem.
         kristoff at
         bleasby at

If a problem is detected we would  appreciate it if  you would help us
track it down by noting  what the problem is,  when messages were sent
(please  be accurate), their content and  to  what address; this might
save aggravation to colleagues with a similar problem.

Alan Bleasby
SERC Daresbury Laboratory
Warrington WA4 4AD

Email: bleasby at