PHOTOSYN as a Newsgroup

Tom Schneider toms at
Wed Dec 9 22:46:17 EST 1992

In article <1g30tqINNss1 at MINERVA.CIS.YALE.EDU>, smith-una at (Una Smith) writes:
> ... establishing voting rules for the bionet groups last year.  I think the
> rules are good and necessary, but they weren't designed with the transfer of
> pre-existing groups in mind.

What's the problem?  If you have 40 friends who want a news group, WHAM you
have it very quickly!  That's how we started so quickly - it
was a group of people with a mailing list already in existence.  It's much
better than having all those unused news groups hanging around, like
bionet.bork.bork.swedish.meat.ball (which was still there last time I looked

  Tom Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Mathematical Biology
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201