New BIOSCI FAQs

Steve Clark CLARK at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Dec 24 17:53:02 EST 1992

/> [...] but would it be possible
/> (or desirable) to post a short notice describing where these FAQs can be
/> found? I think something along these lines would be sufficient:
/>
/> / [...] Both of these
/> /FAQs are available for FTP from net.bio.net in pub/BIOSCI as
/> /biosci1.FAQ and biosci2.FAQ.  They can also be requested by e-mailing
/> /to biosci at net.bio.net.
/>
/ [...]
/ The best thing would be if all BIOSCI users
/subscribed to BIONEWS/bionet.announce, but we don't force this on
/people.

Dave,

	I was thinking about a way to get to new users who stumble across a
newsgroup, not realizing there are a bunch of them, and post anything
related to biology to the one they found. These guys have no idea about
bionet.announce, through no fault of their own. I hate getting duplicates
as much as anybody, but they're not so bad if they're short, and even
better if the subject is clearly marked so it isn't necessary to read it at
all. If there are thirty newsgroups, perhaps you could post info on where
to get the FAQ sheet to a different newsgroup each day, so people don't get
30 of them at once.

/Happy Holidays!

	Thanks, and the same to you (and everyone else)!

Regards,

Steve

clark at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu  (Internet)
clark at salk               (Bitnet)