BIOSCI newsgroup creation/termination policy - LONG!

Fri Feb 28 18:10:01 EST 1992

> A suggestion for improving Usenet relations would be to produce a FAQ
> (frequenly asked questions) sheet or other introductory/instructional
> guide for the bionet groups.  The old "how to subscribe" document was
> a minimal version of this, but now that Dave K. is writing/has written
> two separate versions, one for e-mail subscribers and one for Usenet
> readers, perhaps we could elaborate on them and include a statement of
> charters and policies.  Perhaps a charter/policy statement should be
> posted in each group at regular intervals (every month or so).
>
> I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, and help write such a
> document.

I had almost completed such a document a few weeks back before it went
on hold (once again).  Let's finish the newsgroup creation/termination
issues and then I'll put the text of that up for review/revision.  I
don't want to get too many threads going here at once.

Dave