BIOSCI newsgroup creation/termination policy - LONG!

George W Chacko gchacko at
Thu Feb 27 17:02:48 EST 1992

In article <Feb. at> kristoff at (David Kristofferson) writes:

....stuff deleted

>I think that there is still confusion on the proposal here.  I was not
>proposing that we accept YES *and* NO votes.  Frankly I find the NO
>vote concept a bit ridiculous, i.e., if people don't want a newsgroup
>they don't have to subscribe to it.

I tend to disagree somewhat. If a large number of users vote 'No" as opposed
to merely abstaining there might be a good reason for it. I think that it
might just be a good idea to incorporate 'No' votes into the creation

"No one, even in a moment of national emergency, could possibly belong
to Spoopin's Horse." Clovis