BOTANY/PLANTS VOTE POSTPONED PENDING CRITERIA DISCUSSION

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Sun Feb 23 15:02:59 EST 1992

The BIOFORUM newsgroup appears to be operational at all sites now as I
just announced on BIONEWS/bionet.announce.  I am going to give people
a couple of days to subscribe to BIOFORUM, hold the discussion on
finalizing newsgroup creation policy, and then put out a call for votes
for the botany/plants newsgroup.

My current feeling is that a bionet.plants heirarchy makes the most
sense of the proposals that I have seen.  I would suggest that this be
voted on first with Tony Travis still in the role of discussion
leader.  If traffic wrrants the creation of other subdivisions, e.g.,
bionet.plants.botany, bionet.plants.biotech, etc. it makes more sense
to propose these later when the readers get to the point that they
think the volume warrants it (a usual procedure on USENET).   I'd
appreciate your feedback on this (you don't have to wait until
Wednesday or later to comment on the plant heirarchy issue).

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net