Bionet.botany - to be or not to be -

Tue Feb 18 19:23:47 EST 1992

> I'd like to second that motion.  I just saw part of the origional
> proposal but admit I'm really not sure what's happening here - in
> that posting there was some suggestion that the discussion on
> creating bionet.botany be taken to something called bioforum.
> Is bioforum a news group or what?

BIOFORUM is the e-mail counterpart of bionet.general as announced on
BIONEWS/bionet.announce a few days back.  I received the proposal for
the botany group and suggested that the proposed purpose was perhaps
too restrictive.  A revised proposal was posted for comment on
BIOFORUM/bionet.general.  We'll put it out to vote shortly iof there
are no other suggestions about modifying the newsgroups purpose.

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at