Have you seen Bamboos in Bloom?

GUALA stinger at pine.circa.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 9 18:09:56 EST 1992

Have you seen bamboos in bloom?  I am a bamboo researcher
and am very interested in documenting blooming bamboos all
over the world.  I only need to know the locality and the
extent of the flowering (sporadic or mass flowering).  If
you know the species that would be great too.  If you don't
and would like to know, please contact me and we can make
arrangements for me to identify it.  Cultivated populations
are useful to know about but native populations in the tropics
are the most useful.

Stinger Guala
Box 110530
University of Florida