E-mail to US Forest Service

Daniel Weber dweber at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:59:42 EST 1992

I am trying to reach via e-mail a former co-worker who now works for the
U.S. Forest Service.  Unfortunately, I have only heard about a mysterious
Internet connection to the Forest Service called "x400" somewhere in
Washington D.C., and have no information as to how it might be used to
communicate.  According to my friend, her Forest Service internal mailing
address is of the form:

where "r" means the region, "f" means the forest number, and "d" is the

If anybody has any information pertaining to sending/receiving e-mail
from the USFS, could you please reply to me via e-mail?

				Thank you,
				daniel e weber
				dweber at ncsa.uiuc.edu