Codon usage tables sites

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Fri Jan 10 01:36:33 EST 1992

In article <1991Dec30.162458.11773 at ulrik.uio.no>, rodrigol at ulrik.uio.no (Rodrigo Lopez) writes:
> ...Also, the codon usage table mentioned in my last message are
> available at the finest ftp site in the world. Where ?
>
> ...let me see.....

>>MC> If you don't have access to Internet you can obtain
>>MC> the tables from the embl-heidelberg.de mail server.
>>
>>Europeans will also find the codon tables on NIC.FUNET.FI
> (128.214.6.100)
>>in the directory /pub/sci/molbio/codon

The data are also available from bioftp.unibas.ch (131.152.1.7) as
part of the Biocenter Basel EMBnet service.

Regards
Reinhard

               Setup of the Server bioftp.unibas.ch
               ====================================

                                    ~/
                 +-------------------+-----------------------------+
                 |                                                 |
               biology                                         programs
   +-------------+-----------+--------------------+      uu and zoo source code
   |                         |                    |
   EMBnet                    cd                  database
   |           The last EMBL CD-ROM (resources    +------------------------+
   |          permitting - drive used elsewehere)                          |
   +-----+-------------+-----------+--------------------+                  |
         |             |           |                    |                  |
    XSwissprot         |     XEMBL.VAX_ZOO           Xembl                 |
(not yet; scheduled)   |           |                    |                  |
    +----+--+          |   zoo'ed    VAX/VMS       The contents            |
data.dir   indices.dir |   GCG / NBRF formatted    of the dir's            |
Updates to the current |   current XEMBL.ref       below containing        |
Swissprot database     |   and XEMBL.seq files     Entry code, and         |
                       |   as well as XXEMBL       title line              |
            DATABASE.ZOO                                 |                 |
The zoo'ed databases currently                           |                 |
availavle at BIOCENTER in VAX        +--------------------------+          |
/VMS and GCG/NBRF formatted          |                          |          |
zoo files: EMBL,SWISSPROT,PIR        |                          |          |
                                   data.dir                    indices.dir |
fun  inv  mam  org  phg  pln  pri  pro  rod  syn  una vrl vrt  indices in  |
Entries in EMBL format, *ONE PER FILE*. The files are named    EMBL format |
using the entry code as file name. NEW in the next release;                |
extension 'dat', update to existing release, extension 'upd'.              |

Variuos databases available on various other servers as well,mainly updated,
                           but not entirely produced, by Amos Bairoch, Geneva