Philadelphia Experiment?

Stephen Look look at s45.csrd.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 7 13:34:11 EST 1992

Here is what little I have read about the Philadelphia Experiment. I can't
remember where I read this. It was allegedly an attempt by the Navy to make
a battleship disappear by using a giant Tesla coil to distort the transmission
of light by the air around it. A cloaking device of sorts. According to the
story, various sailors went insane, disappeared or materialized through the
deck or something like that. The movie picked up the story and ran with it.
It may be in one of the many Tesla books.
--
Steve Look	ka9szw				Center for Supercomputing R & D
look at csrd.uiuc.edu				305 Talbot Lab  104 S. Wright