information on inherited traits?

Thu Jun 25 09:46:40 EST 1992

>>  I'm looking for information about inherited traits, specifically "congenital
>>  suppression of the third molar" -- lack of wisdom teeth.
>In the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man, there is the following entry:

[stuff deleted]

I too looked at OMIM (WAIS is neat!) and found a couple of other refs that
might (?) be applicable:

Schultz, AH, "Inherited reduction in the dentition of man", Human Biol.
6:627-631 (1934).

Erwin, WG, & Cockern, RW, Hered. 40:215-218 (1949).

Grahnen, H., "Hypodontia in the premanent dentition", Odont. Rev.
7 (suppl. 3):1-100 (1956).

There's also another personnal communication on the subject from Gorlin,
dated '82.  He looks like someone to search for.
The opinions stated are mine, not those of NCTR or its sponsoring organizations.

Bill Melchior                                ||   "You have lawyers the way
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    other people have mice."
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||   -Kenneth Duncan, English
                                             ||    Health & Safety Executive,
WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTR.FDA.GOV                 ||    to US regulators