information on inherited traits?

James A. Mullens mullens at
Wed Jun 24 17:28:46 EST 1992

I'm not a biologist, so ...

I'm looking for information about inherited traits, specifically "congenital
suppression of the third molar" -- lack of wisdom teeth.  I've been able
to get a little information by scratching around a library.  Up to 50% of
some European populations and 27% of original-stock Hawaiians have this trait.
I'm interested in exactly what "European populations" these might be.

I thought there might be a well-known collection of such information that I
could refer to.  Otherwise I need to start looking up journal papers from
the 1930's...

jim mullens
jcm at ( -or- mullens at (
voice: 615-574-5564