Something for the rather moribund Confocal Mailing List -

Tony Travis ajt at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 10:40:49 EST 1992

mwfolsom at hydra.unm.edu (Mike Folsom) writes:
: In article <1992Mar24.135429.20934 at doc.ic.ac.uk> ajt at doc.ic.ac.uk (Tony Travis) writes:
:      ---- stuff deleted ----
: >
: >What about bionet.confocal ;-)
: >
: >	Tony
: >
:
: Actually, it seems to me that something like bionet.microscopy might
: be a good idea.  I've been thinking about this for a while.  There
: doesn't seem to be a group on the topic and there really should
: be some forum to discuss various problem encountered in microscopic
: research and how different folks get around them.  It strikes me
: that a group just on confocals might be a bit too limited right
: now, there just ain't enough of 'em out there, but a group on all
: aspects of microscopy from LM to TEM to LSCM might work.  Anyway,
: I like the idea of mixing things up because after my experiences
: with a confocal scope the old boundaries don't seem as fixed as they
: use to be.  For example, who would of thought that the confocal
: microscope would bring back the old clearing techniques and paraffin
: histology - *well* - I bet they will (especially for me).

I agree with your comments.

I think you should put it forward as a serious proposal if there is a
lot of interest.

There were over a hundred messages posted on the confocal list last
year so it's not as dormant as you might think!

	Tony

--
    Tony Travis <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>  | Dr. A.J.Travis