What about bionet.foobar??????

Mike Folsom mwfolsom at hydra.unm.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:06:00 EST 1992

In article <CMM.0.90.2.701482100.kristoff at genbank.bio.net> kristoff at GENBANK.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) writes:

>I have seen a number of "what about bionet.xxx??" messages in the last
>several days in this forum.
>
>If people want to submit a newsgroup proposal, they should mail it to
>biosci at genbank.bio.net, and it should include the charter (statement
>of purpose) for the newsgroup and the name of a discussion leader (in
>most cases I would assume that this would be the person proposing the
>group).
>
>I have too many irons in the fire right now to ask everyone who drops
>into BIOFORUM a "what about bionet.foobar??" message whether or not
>they are serious.

Well, my response was to Tony's quip about bionet.confocal and nothing
more than some thoughts.  It neither requires nor ask for an offical
response.  Anyway, I imagine that alt.foobar and alt.xxx already exist.

Michael

       I've been told to keep my remarks relatively brief.
                     I understand Quayle-hunting season begins at noon.

                                       -- V. P. Dan Quayle at Eau Claire, Wisc.
                                                    (LA Times  10/16/88)