Vote Yes

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Mon Mar 23 13:45:06 EST 1992

I think that a note is in order about the purpose of discussing a
newsgroup before a vote.  There does not seem to be a need for people
to express support for a newsgroup by posting messages to
BIOFORUM/bionet.general.  This is the purpose of the *vote* taken
after the discussion session.

The purpose of the discussion period is for people to put forward any
modifications to the original charter for the newsgroup or to express
reasons for opposing the group as structured in the call for
discussion.  I will make this clearer when I put out future calls.
The discussion period is not intended to fill everyone's mailboxes and
newsreaders with votes for the proposed newsgroup.

Sorry for the misunderstanding for which I take responsibility.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net