University libraries

Thomas Easton TOM at PHARM.SUNYSB.EDU
Wed Mar 11 11:56:36 EST 1992

> To:         bioforum at genbank.bio.net
> From:       lebowitz at msus1.msus.edu
> Subject:    University libraries
> Date:       9 Mar 92 20:21:58 GMT

> Could someone direct me to information on accessing various university library
> computers via internet?  I recall that there was a posting on this subject
> some time ago.  Please forward a copy of your reply to this newsgroup and to
> my email address.  thanks.
>
> --
> Robert J. Lebowitz                        EMAIL:  lebowitz at vax1.mankato.msus.edu
> Department of Biological Sciences           VOX:  (507) 389-2540
> Mankato State University POB 34             FAX:  (507) 389-2788
> Mankato MN  56002-8400

     Gopher is nice - also easy.

     There's also a hypertext 'popup' for MS-DOS called Hytelnet.
     It's available by anonymous ftp                    ( use binary mode )
     from:

     1. vaxb.acs.unt.edu in the LIBRARY directory       ( cd [.library] )
        as    hyteln50.zip
     2. simtel20 archives in the MSDOS.HYPERTEXT directory
        ( hyteln50.zip is prob. there - else check for hyteln??.zip )
     3. wuarchive 'mirror' of simtel20
        wuarchive.wustl.edu in directory mirrors/msdos/hypertext
        as hyteln50.zip

     HYTELNET50 also contains a fair amount of information
     on Telnet-able Internet resources OTHER THAN libraries, plus
     some help info on telnetting & library software commands.
     BUT its use is not as 'transparent' as gopher ...

     Hope it helps,
     Tom