Tony Travis ajt at
Fri Mar 6 20:11:02 EST 1992

brknig01 at writes:
: Hi there, netters
: As a new netter, I would like to add my support to the general call for a
: bionet.botany column. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only botanist in
: South Africa who has access to this column, but I am working on my colleagues,
: trying to encourage them to obtain access.

Thanks for your support - I've changed the preferred name of the
proposed group from bionet.botany to bionet.plants in response to a
general view that 'botany' is open to misinterpretation as 'plant
taxonomy' although every botanist *knows* it means "the scientific
study of plants" ;-)

What aspect of botany are you interested in discussing here?

    Tony Travis <ajt at>  | Dr. A.J.Travis