Undeliverable mail

PostMaster at SARA.NL PostMaster at SARA.NL
Fri Mar 6 21:36:00 EST 1992

Your mail for "sonnhammer at embl-heidelberg.de" could not be delivered.
Reason: %SMAIL-E-MNTDELIVER, not allowed to send mail to given domain.
Your original mail follows:
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1992 03:29 GMT
From: bioforum at genbank.bio.net
Subject: CALL FOR DISCUSSION - bionet.plants
To: sonnhammer at embl-heidelberg.de

I was hoping to get a revised proposal from Tony Travis by this
afternoon, but since my departure for a meeting is imminent, I have
gone ahead and put this togther from past postings to get the
discussion period going.  There will be ten days for feedback on ****
BIOFORUM/bionet.general, not here **** before the call for votes.  The
call for votes will be on the 16th if the proposal is not modified
further.  Tony is in charge of revising the proposal in response to
readers comments prior to the vote, and I also request that he send me
a list of any groups outside of BIOSCI/bionet and sci.bio where
requests will be sent to have potential readers join the
BIOFORUM/bionet.general discussion.

I have added a Reply-To: bioforum at genbank.bio.net line to the header
of this message to redirect responses to the newsgroup.  Please don't
send me any private replies to this message or else they may be
broadcast publicly 8-)!!!

                                Sincerely,

                                Dave Kristofferson
                                GenBank Manager

                                kristoff at genbank.bio.net

                   Proposed bionet.plants newsgroup
                   ================================

Discussion leader: Tony Travis <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>
                   Dr. A.J.Travis, Rowett Research Institute,
                   Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.
                   tel 0224-712751, fax 0224-715349

Type:     Unmoderated

Charter:

(I expect that this will be substantially rewritten before the vote
-DK)

This newsgroup will initially be open to all aspects of plant biology
(macro and molecular), and if future usage warrants, proposals will be
put forward to form subgroups under the USENET bionet.plant heirarchy,
e.g., bionet.plant.botany.  The discussion leader's interests are in
botany so some of the topics for the group will include the following:

Discussion of issues relating to botany in general, and distribution
of software concerned with the applications of computer techniques in
all aspects of plant biology including, microscopy and analysis of
plant material, image analysis of tissues and intact plants, data
logging and analysis of plant growth by computer.