Moderated newsgroups

Tony Travis ajt at
Wed Mar 4 16:55:34 EST 1992

mwfolsom at (Mike Folsom) writes:
: [...]
: No offense intended but this seems increadibly oppressive to me.  Just look
: at the structure that's being suggested here.  Strikes me that an electronic
: discussion group doesn't need to operate like a journal club where somebody
: chooses a paper and initiates discussion.  Maybe I'm just into anarchy,
: I don't know.  But I figure that this kind of structure is totally
: unnecessary.

One of the virtues of an electronic discussion group like this is that
it is democratic and open to anyone who wants to participate.  I think
we all have a contributon to make but anarchy is only useful if it is

    Tony Travis <ajt at>  | Dr. A.J.Travis