BIOSCI newsgroup / Soliciting votes

marder at marder at
Mon Mar 2 10:24:38 EST 1992

In article <1992Mar1.175612.27388 at>, ajt at (Tony Travis) writes:
[... excerpt]
> How do I find out if there are enough botanists using the net to justify
> the creation of a news group unless I ask?
   My own feeling is that the discussion so far does not constitute lobbying
for votes, but rather informing people where the discussion is going on.
Anyone from who is interested should be by now following things
here on bionet.general.
   The rule about NO LOBBYING should come in once the vote is called i.e.
it is fine to tell that we are discussing setting up bionet.plants
but NOT okay to cross-post the vote call there or solicit votes in any
other way. Is there a concensus on this?

                                 '      Jonathan B. Marder
Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL :      Department of Agricultural Botany
Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI        : /\/  The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Phone:    (08 or +9728) 481918   :/  \  Faculty of Agriculture
Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763   /      P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL