BIOSCI newsgroup / Soliciting votes

Tony Travis ajt at
Mon Mar 2 14:27:21 EST 1992

marder at writes:
:    The rule about NO LOBBYING should come in once the vote is called i.e.
: it is fine to tell that we are discussing setting up bionet.plants
: but NOT okay to cross-post the vote call there or solicit votes in any
: other way. Is there a concensus on this?

I agree that there should be an end to lobbying for votes once a vote is
called, and I think it is important that genuine votes are collected.

I have a serious purpose in proposing the creation of bionet.plants and
I do not wish to continue endlessly discussing how bionet can control
the way that other USENET news groups interact with it.

    Tony Travis <ajt at>  | Dr. A.J.Travis