BIOLISTIC

LONSDALE at JII.AFRC.AC.UK LONSDALE at JII.AFRC.AC.UK
Tue Nov 3 12:55:00 EST 1992

I have received several enquires as of late regarding suppliers of
PARTICLE GUNS. As far as I am aware Biorad
laboratories both sell and lease a particle gun.
This is the gun that Du Pont once marketed.
That it is now for sale, rather than being leased, is a new development
though its price (>#10,000) is still in my opinion extortionate considering
its manufacturing costs.

A considerable cheaper version of the gun can be obtained from:

SHEARLINE PRECISION ENGINEERING Ltd.
121-125 Cambridge Road
Milton
Cambridge CB4 4AT
UK

Tel: ..44 (0)223 420644
Fax: ..44 (0)223 423597

This company do not manufacture the gun commercially but will make them to
order. The gun is of the ballistic variety but it can be modified to accept
Helium as an accelerant or any other gas if one so chooses. You can
design your own modification if necessary.

At the function level it works exceptionally well performing as well as
if not better than its commercial counterpart.

If any further details are required I would be only to happy to supply them
as we use this version of the gun routinely as do a number of other labs in
the UK and abroad.

David Lonsdale