the worlds largest living thing?

J Preiss--Seq Anal preissj at CLVAX1.CL.MSU.EDU
Wed Nov 11 23:43:00 EST 1992

Hi Netters

	My brother just told me that when he comes to visit me in Michigan,
the one thing he wants to see is the worlds largest living organism, which
happens to live in MI!

Questions:

1.	What is the worlds largest living organism?

2.	Is it true that there is a fungal mycelium spreading over 37 acres
	of MI which is a contender for the title?

3.	What is the species (he thinks it's Armilaria borealis) of this
	monster?

4.	What is the location of this mystical beast?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance, and appologies to my old
college mycology proffessor.

Lenny Bloksberg
PreissJ at clvax1.cl.msu.edu
Dept of Biochemistry