Mac Problem

mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Oct 22 20:15:55 EST 1992

Todd_Steigerwald writes:

>I have a friend who owns a Mac classic and is asking me to explain why it
>crashed when he tried installing system 7. Would locating a copy of system
>6, and re-installing it solve the problem?

   This isn't really a BIOFORUM-like question - try comp.sys.mac.... for a
vast respository of knowledge of Mac maladies, or post your question to:
info-mac at sumex-aim.stanford.edu to have it disseminated world-wide by mail
(then read it for a response or make sure you note that you don't read it
very often and to respond directly.
   Your question is also a bit vague on the reasons that it was crashing -
could be lack of memory, could be conflicting inits +/or extensions, etc.
More detail required if you want helpful answers.
   Indeed, because of the overhead and horrifically slow printing using
system 7, I'd advise staying with Sys6 unless you have a good reason to
'up'grade.

Cheers,
Harry

Harry Mangalam                                   Vox:(619) 453-4100, x250
Dept of Biocomputing                                   Fax:(619) 552-1546
The Salk Institute                             mangalam at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd                        mangalam at salk-sgi.sdsc.edu
La Jolla CA 92037                                    mangalam at salk.bitnet