tRNA gene linkage?

Wolfgang Wegloehner wegloehner at
Mon Sep 14 08:17:55 EST 1992

Dear Netters,

I have a question concerning the locations of tRNA genes in eucaryotes. There
are many reports of clustered tRNA genes. Is there any example of a tRNA gene
that is directly connected (less than 300 bp and same orientation) to a gene
for a protein?
I appreciate any clues/references on this subject.

Thanx, Wolle

P.S. The followup is set to bionet.molbio.gene-linkage

InterNet:  Wegloehner at
EAN     :  Wegloehner at
Disclaimer: The above stated opinions are not necessarily shared by my
            employers. Some times not even by me.