looking for advice on a book with explanations of methods

wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu
Tue Sep 29 07:46:57 EST 1992

Mike:

Good books with an explanation can be hard to find... However,
for molecular biology, I'd consider these...

1) The three volume Manatis methods books, available in most labs, and
        libraries.

2) Bernard Perbal's "A practical guide to molecular cloning"

Other netters will have like/different suggestions but I've often
found very satisfactory explanations in these texts...  Also, if you
can grab it.. go for the Red Harvard manual found in most lab & libraries.

Have fun...

David
haviland at kids.wustl.edu