Help with Macintosh Gopher Client(s)

Ashok Aiyar axa12 at
Wed Sep 30 15:15:32 EST 1992

I am trying to get the Macintosh Gopher client working for
one of our users.

I FTPed the Mac client from (I tried
both the existing Mac Client and the beta-test Gopher+ client).

The user in my department has a Mac SE that is on our campus
TCP/IP network (running System 6.07).

We cannot get the Gopher client to work.  The Gopher+ client
does work and we can connect to (port 70).

He can view and save all text-files.  However when he tries to
view and save Genbank sequence files that were obtained by searching
with a keyword, he finds that he cannot view or save those files.
When we try to look at a sequence file, we get a little dialog box
with a an [OK] button in the middle.  Clicking on the button
does nothing.

When we view other text files, there is no problem in viewing or
saving them.

Please help.

                             Ashok A. Aiyar
                       Department of Biochemistry