Help with Macintosh Gopher Client(s)

Ashok Aiyar axa12 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Sep 30 15:15:32 EST 1992

Hello:

I am trying to get the Macintosh Gopher client working for
one of our users.

I FTPed the Mac client from boombox.micro.umn.edu (I tried
both the existing Mac Client and the beta-test Gopher+ client).

The user in my department has a Mac SE that is on our campus
TCP/IP network (running System 6.07).

We cannot get the Gopher client to work.  The Gopher+ client
does work and we can connect to ftp.bio.indiana.edu (port 70).

He can view and save all text-files.  However when he tries to
view and save Genbank sequence files that were obtained by searching
with a keyword, he finds that he cannot view or save those files.
When we try to look at a sequence file, we get a little dialog box
with a an [OK] button in the middle.  Clicking on the button
does nothing.

When we view other text files, there is no problem in viewing or
saving them.

Please help.

Ashok