New discussion group

Tue Apr 6 14:46:45 EST 1993

>                        Subject:                               Time:7:41 AM
>   OFFICE MEMO          New discussion group                   Date:4/6/93
> I was forwarded the mail about a possible discussion group about mapping and
> sequencing.  I think this is a great idea.  However, I suggest two changes.
> 1. Make sequencing a separate discussion group.   I suspect this will grow
> substantially in the next few years and the structure should be set up to
> accomodate it.

This is up to the discussion leaders.  To date the autoseqs group by
itself has been *very* low volume and I am not that convinced that it
would fly on its own yet.

>  2.  Include the possibility of making folks aware of the
> location and availabilty of "useful" (e.g. for diagnosis) probes.  I realize
> that this info will eventually show up in GDB.  However, this may take months
> or years.
>
> P.S.  How do I enroll in the discussion group?

Subscriptions are not accepted until after the group passes a vote and
has been set up.  This would be in the latter part of May if all goes
well.  Subscriptions requests would then be sent to one of the
following addresses depending upon your location.

Address                              Location
biosci at daresbury.ac.uk               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
biosci at net.bio.net                   Americas and the Pacific Rim

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson