Problems with

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at
Tue Apr 6 13:54:10 EST 1993

For known reasons last night, the load average on the machine (the
'west' mailer and news machine for BIOSCI/bionet.) went to 45 (usual is about
7).  For unknown reasons the load average climbed to 40 this morning, and
lots of mail got jammed in the queue.  Currently the machine is stable at a
load average of 12, however, we don't know what is causing this and some
short interruptions of mail and news service may continue to occur.  I do not
expect these interruptions to cause any loss of data.

I will post again when this situation has been resolved.

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi at |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |