CALL FOR DISCUSSION: CHROMOSOMES/bionet.genome.chromosomes

Tue Apr 6 12:22:50 EST 1993

> The idea behind the group appears sound, however, since the original
> CHROMOSOME 22 group is inactive, what causes the belief that
> bionet.genome.chromosomes will be successful? I am not familiar with the
> original group. Please clarify if it is not too much trouble

The basic idea is that the Chromosome 22 group was too limited to be
successful (a rather small number of labs were focussed on this
particular chromosome as I have been told).  The hope is that a group
that could be used by people working on all chromosomes might generate
more discussion.

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at