New discussion group

Joe Gray Joe_Gray at DMCMAIL.UCSF.EDU
Tue Apr 6 09:40:57 EST 1993

                       Subject:                               Time:7:41 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          New discussion group                   Date:4/6/93
I was forwarded the mail about a possible discussion group about mapping and
sequencing.  I think this is a great idea.  However, I suggest two changes.  1.
 Make sequencing a separate discussion group.  I suspect this will grow
substantially in the next few years and the structure should be set up to
accomodate it.  2.  Include the possibility of making folks aware of the
location and availabilty of "useful" (e.g. for diagnosis) probes.  I realize
that this info will eventually show up in GDB.  However, this may take months
or years.

P.S.  How do I enroll in the discussion group?